We are able to offer a fixed fee for summary only motoring offences under Part 1 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and s89 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
Typical offences are:
- Drink driving
- Driving without insurance
- 2 hours attendance/preparation
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
- travel and waiting time which will be charged at a rate of £100+VAT per hour
- mileage at 45p (incl VAT) per mile and any reasonable disbursements (e.g car parking)
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, of £200+VAT per hour).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. half a day].
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.